- About Us
- Hours & Location
- What's New
- Bike Trade In Program
Trade In, Trade Up
Bring your used bicycle to the Wheel & Sprocket Bike Expo this year! Whether it is a beater bike you had when you were younger, or just something that is a few years old, why not get something for it and apply it towards a new purchase?!
How will it work?
Come to the 2014 Bike Expo with your old bike and right when you enter the expo hall, look for the trade-in kiosk where one of our seasoned mechanics will check over the bike and guide you through the valuation process using BicycleBlueBook.com. We will then issue you a gift card which can be used at the Bike Expo or at a later time at one of the seven Wheel & Sprocket locations. You can get an estimate of your bike's value here using the BicycleBlueBook.com trade-in estimator.
How will a bike's condition be evaluated?
One of our veteran mechanics will use good judgement to assess the condition of the following systems to arrive at an overall condition:
- Touch points (grips, saddle)
What bikes will be accepted?
In general, most bikes originally purchased from a bike shop will be eligible. To do our part to fight bike theft and for your security, we will require the following to process a trade in:
- Valid driver's license
- Serial number on the bike must not be defaced or destroyed
Some other fine print
Before you load up your bikes and family into the car, please consider the following:
- All valuations will be provided by the 3rd-party BicycleBlueBook.com database. For bikes that do not exist in this database, an ad hoc good faith valuation will be made.
- BicycleBlueBook.com valuations assume all stock-componentry. Any upgrades/downgrades from the original specification will be taken into account.
- Some bikes may not qualify for resale and therefore will not be eligible for trade-in. Many department store bikes (Huffy, Magna, Next) will fall into this category.
- Trade in value is loaded onto a Wheel & Sprocket gift card which can be used immediately or saved for later. It will not expire.